Sunday, April 12, 2009

-SUN ON MY BACK-

-SUN ON MY BACK-
Apr. 12, 2009

How fortunate are we
with kindred flames blazing paths before us
Doesn't matter who you are or where you came from
They're always there

No matter how rocky the trek
We lift each other up
Benevolent and resolute
Stand strong for the ones that move you

I put you through hell, tried to push you away
Yet you took me back
And because of that I'm eternally grateful
Such a thing to see you smile again

A friend's understanding is like a cloudless day
Fellow travelers along this maze
We walk across each other's backs
And bow down for each other

I know you're still there, faraway friend
Just realize I've changed my ways
This child has grown
Looks at the world as if it was the first time

Let me be there for you again
Open your doors
Promise I won't turn away
Here to stay

No comments: